Hello and welcome! My name is Brandy and I’m excited to share my Keto journey with you!
Maybe you’ve landed here because you’re curious about this “fad” diet you’ve been hearing so much about. Maybe you’re already well on your way in your own Keto journey and are just looking for some new recipes to try. Whatever your personal reasons for finding me, some topics you’ll discover here are:
- Discussion about nutrition, metabolic disease, obesity, physical health, mental health, spirituality and all things relating to the health of the human animal, from a metabolically sick person’s perspective. I am not a doctor, scientist or researcher. Opinions and results expressed throughout are my own and should not be taken as medical advice. I will, whenever possible and with permission, cite studies, medical journal articles, etc.
- Recipes made from real food. Sometimes they’ll be authored by me and tested in my family’s kitchen and sometimes they’ll belong to another and be shared here with permission from the author.
- Articles highlighting other people who’ve experienced metabolic healing by adopting a Ketogenic way of eating (WOE).
- Honest advice & recommendations regarding resources I’ve turned to, whether they be websites, forums, communities, experts or products.
- My personal journal- an honest account of my triumphs and challenges.
- My layman advice about the Ketogenic way of eating.
In 2017, at the age of 43 my weight was well above 300 pounds and had been since my teenage hood. Over the years I took off 50 pounds and put it back on within six months at least 10 times.
While my life felt fulfilled in many ways and I had always enjoyed the benefit of being an “active and healthy” fat person, my forties were hitting me pretty hard. My body hurt. While it had not hit me personally, diabetes has run in my family and had finally hit my generation. I was severely insulin resistant, so a T2D diagnosis was only a matter of time. I was medicated for high blood pressure, depression & anxiety and intermittently for acid reflux and insomnia. I was challenged for years with the complications that arise from PCOS.
In October of 2017 I began restricting the sugar and carbohydrates that I consumed. In March of 2018 I took the plunge and adopted a Ketogenic way of eating (WOE) and haven’t looked back.
As of today, September 5th, 2019, I have lost a total of 96 pounds! In addition to this remarkable change, within 3 months of changing my lifestyle, I was able to come completely off of every single medication that I previously took. I am free from the symptoms of depression. I experience anxiety now only situationally, as opposed to the constant thrum that regularly built itself into panic attacks. My blood pressure has normalized, all on it’s own. I sleep through the night. My lady cycle has regulated and I no longer have the symptoms of PCOS. And I only need an antacid when I drink wine.
The truth is that I still have some road in front of me. I’m still dropping pounds and likely will be for a while yet. And I’m figuring out how to work on my fitness, so I can be a lean, mean, strong old lady!
If you have a specific question about which you’d like my opinion, please send it to me via the contact page and I’ll create a little monthly advice post with my insights. So come along my journey with me. Be part of my community. And I’ll be part of yours.
*I receive no compensation or gifts for my product or service recommendations however, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases that you make through clicking on product links. Further, I am not paid to review products or services in any way, nor do I accept free product for review.